Website Tahltan Central Government
Communications Coordinator, Department of Communications
Reports to: Communications Director
Job Duration: Full Time
Summary: The Communications Coordinator will support the Communication and Administration teams in support of the objectives of the TCG Executive and Board — which includes, the development and deployment of all formal communication deliverables (Newsletters, social media, website, and Community Meetings.).
The ideal Communications Coordinator will have enthusiasm for interpersonal communication, have experience creating successful rapport with stakeholders, and have an aptitude for creative or technical writing, critical time management, and curation of digital assets (photos and videos).
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and evaluation of communication strategies and tactics.
- Acting as a point of contact for members with questions about Tahltan Central Government activities and initiatives.
- Supporting the creation of quarterly newsletters and annual reports, with emphasis on research and information gathering
- Supporting the executive team on community meeting tours.
- Taking photos and video footage of organization events
- Coordinating and supporting communication projects that inform and engage members about developments in Tahltan territory.
- Contributing to the development of communications, information packages and reports to members, partners, and funders.
- Supporting the Tahltan Central Government team on Committee Work, and assisting other departments as requested.
- Travelling with Tahltan Central Government Leadership and Staff to capture content at significant events, as well as being onsite technical support
- 1-3 years of experience working in a communications or stakeholder services role
- 1-3 years of experience working with photography and video capture equipment
- Advanced working knowledge of office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google, Gmail, Dropbox, etc.)
- Strong writing skills, with an ability to draft communications that clearly address the audience and share the key information.
- Good interpersonal skills, comfort, and confidence working with a wide variety of people – from community members to leaders to government officials.
- Compassion and understanding of stakeholder and community concerns; an understanding of Aboriginal government organizations would be an asset.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work well in a team environment and willingness to take direction.
- A strong work ethic, with a professional attitude/delivery style and a desire to excel
- A desire to produce quality work, take pride in a job well with a strong attention to detail.
- A self-starter and self-motivator with a “can do” attitude.
- Willingness to work evenings or weekends from time to time.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Willing to travel regularly; must hold a Class 5 Driver’s license.
This is a full-time position, and will require extensive travel with members of the Tahltan Central Government Leadership and Staff; the Tahltan Central Government offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Compensation will commensurate with a candidate’s experience and capabilities.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject line ‘Communications Coordinator Position.’
Deadline for Application: December 1st, 2017
Click here to download the PDF: Communications Coordinator