"While the Tahltan have signed engagement agreements with many mineral exploration companies, along with impact benefit agreements for three major mines, there are no such agreements with jade operators, said Day.
“Is there any revenue sharing? Are there jobs? Are there contracts? Is there equity ownership? Where are the benefits?” he asked. “There’s nothing.”" ... See MoreSee Less
VANCOUVER — Demand for jade has sparked both a reality TV series set in the remote northwestern corner of British Columbia and opposition from an Indigenous nation over its lack of consent to jade mining in its territory. The Tahltan Nation has strong ties to the mining and mineral exploration sec...
Thanks to the TCG for putting the brakes on the Wild West shit show.
There are a handful of Jade mining operations that are being responsible....to an extent.
And then there are the operations that are an absolute disgrace as to the respect they show to the land they operate on.
The Blood Tribe got tired of that too, and started a licensing process re ammonite. Way past time, there should be revenue going back to the tribe, and environment standards.
kkkanada is a hostage economy apartheid pirate state perpetrated for the benefit of an alien monarchy. just another day in the genocidal invasion of the lands indigenous people belong to. no treaty no consent no honor no welcome.
Way to stand up tahltans
From what I saw from the tv show,they should not be mining anywhere
Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant is to assist the Executive Director where directed, primarily in Human Resource Management tasks. He or she will assist with the development and implementation of policy, recruitment, orientation and training, retention, performance, on-boarding, benefits, health and safety and other areas as directed and guided. The Executive Assistant will also support the TCG Board of Directors where needed with logistical, clerical, or administrative tasks from time to time. Executive Director will provide oversight and mentorship on all tasks.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Maintaining accurate, up-to-date HR filing systems and personnel records, and drafting reports.
• Assist in the recruitment and selection processes.
• Maintain records of all requisition, advertising, and recruitment transactions
• Assist with payroll and benefits administration as required.
• Distribute HR policies, procedures and memorandums to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
• Assist with the development of policy and procedures.
• Help to ensure organization wide compliance with policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
• Receive, sort and file resumes and applications for administrative and other district vacancies that are currently advertised
• Assist with employee orientation and training.
• Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
• Assist with board information, report and presentation preparation for all meetings.
• Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
• Perform other Human Resources or Executive Assistant related duties as directed by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Ability to be mentored, guided and coached.
• Post-Secondary School Diploma an asset.
• Business Administration degree or diploma an asset.
• 2-5 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant, or relevant role, considered an asset.
• 2-5 years’ experience in or related duties to Human Resource Management.
Personal Skills & Attributes:
• Bring a ‘can do’ attitude, with a teamwork mindset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations, essential.
Remuneration and Work Hours:
• Salary will be in the range of $60,000 - $70,000.
• Work hours will be 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday; however, it is the nature of the position to work flexible hours and beyond regular office hours as well as weekends. Travelling will be required. If the successful applicant is not based where there exists a TCG office, the applicant will be expected to work remotely.
Work location: It is preferred that the position be based in Tahltan Territory; however, applicants in the Yukon, British Columbia, and Alberta region are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter stating, ‘why you’re the perfect candidate,’ in PDF file format to email@example.com, with subject as “EA Job Competition Application, Attention Executive Director”
Deadline for Application: May 21, 2021 at 1:00PM
(Note: We reserve the right to hire sooner than the deadline if we secure a qualified candidate)
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter stating, ‘why you’re the perfect candidate,’ in PDF file format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject as “EA Job Competition Application, Attention Executive Director” Deadline for Application: May 21, 2021 at 1:00PM (Note...
ATTENTION TAHLTANS: TAHLTAN TERRITORY RESOURCE FORUM
The 2021 Tahltan Territory Resource Forum has been running for two weeks and continues for two more.
Since we launched, the event has featured panels on apprenticeships and Mining 101, more and more booths at the career fair, and additional prizes, now including a new iPhone 12 Pro. You can find raffles for the prizes by logging into the event and visiting the career fair.
The raffles are open until the last day of the event, May 18. We will continue adding content throughout the next two weeks, including panels on entrepreneurship and other opportunities. Keep checking in, there is more to come!
Please note: The virtual booths and raffles are accessible only via the web version, under 'Career Fair.' They do not appear on the mobile app. To access the full event, please attend via a web browser.
If you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact: Adam Amir at email@example.com ... See MoreSee Less