TAHLTAN NATION COVID-19 EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT UPDATE
The Tahltan Nation COVID-19 Emergency Management Team (TNCEMPT) continues to meet regularly to discuss the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the threat to our Territory.
Although we have been successful, to date, in keeping COVID-19 out of our Territory, the threat level has once again increased, forcing us to make the following changes/additions to our COVID-19 policies and regulations.
Due to the alarming increase in COVID-19 infections in BC and the Yukon, the Tahltan Nation is implementing the following effective immediately:
- Essential travel to and from Tahltan Territory only.
- Everyone returning to Territory after essential travel is required to self-isolate for 14 days.
The following regulations remain in place:
- Masks are mandatory in all community spaces in Dease Lake, Iskut and Telegraph Creek and hand sanitizing is required.
- Hand washing, sanitizing regularly, especially after being in public spaces
- Social distancing, 6 feet apart is always required outside of your household.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms must get COVID test and MUST quarantine while waiting for test results.
- It is every individuals’ responsibility to keep our community and our elders safe. Keep track of your movements and whereabouts.
To reduce the potential of transmission, if you have symptoms please contact the health centre at once.
To prevent the virus from entering our Territory we must become even more resolute in our fight. The onus is on each and everyone of us to not become complacent, act responsibly, and follow our policies and regulations.
Contact tracing, if the virus reaches our Territory, will identify the individual responsible.
DO NOT LET THAT BE YOU!